Discover the power of Standard Chartered Bank USSD Codes for seamless banking. Learn how to register, check balances, transfer money, buy airtime, and more, all from your mobile device. Simplify your financial transactions with this comprehensive guide.
One of the remarkable advancements in the Nigerian banking space is the utilization of USSD codes. These codes empower customers to perform a variety of banking tasks quickly, efficiently, and without the need for an internet connection. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the world of Standard Chartered Bank USSD Codes and how they revolutionize the way you bank.
What is Covered?
- What is USSD?
- What is Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code?
- Requirements to Register & Activate Standard Chartered Transfer Code
- How Do You Register & Activate Standard Chartered Bank Code
- List of All Standard Chartered Bank USSD Codes and Uses
- Standard Chartered Bank Transfer Code for Checking Your Balance
- USSD to Transfer Money Between Standard Chartered Accounts
- USSD Code to Transfer Money from Standard Chartered Bank Account to Other Banks
- Standard Chartered Code for Opening an Account
- USSD for Buying Airtime for self from Standard Chartered Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank Code for Buying Airtime for Others
- USSD Code for Withdrawal from Standard Chartered Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank Transfer Code for Bill Payments
- Standard Chartered BVN USSD Code
- SCB USSD Code to Block ATM Card
- USSD Standard Chartered Bank Code to Block Account
- Benefits of Using Standard Chartered Bank Code
- Standard Chartered Bank USSD Charges
- FAQs and Answers on Standard Chartered Bank Transfer Code
- About Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) Nigeria
What is USSD?
USSD, or Unstructured Supplementary Service Data, is a technology that allows users to communicate with a service provider’s computer system through a series of shortcodes, often referred to as “USSD codes.” Unlike mobile apps that require an internet connection, USSD codes work on basic mobile phones and smartphones alike, making them an ideal solution for a wide range of customers.
What is Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code?
The Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code, also called Standard Chartered Transfer Code, *977#, is a game-changer in the banking industry. It empowers Standard Chartered Bank customers to access banking services and perform transactions swiftly using their mobile phones. This revolutionary code eliminates the need to visit a physical bank branch or access the internet for banking needs.
Requirements to Register & Activate Standard Chartered Transfer Code
To unlock the potential of the Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code, a few prerequisites are necessary:
- A Standard Chartered Bank account: To fully utilize the USSD code, you must be an account holder with Standard Chartered Bank.
- An active debit card: The debit card linked to your account is essential for transaction verification.
- Mobile phone: Whether you have a feature phone or a smartphone, you can use the USSD code on any type of mobile device.
- Phone number registered with the bank: The phone number linked to your Standard Chartered Bank account is crucial for the code to work.
How to Register & Activate Standard Chartered Bank Code
The process of registering and activating the Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code is straightforward:
- Dial *977# on your mobile device: Using the phone number associated with your bank account, initiate the USSD code.
- Select option ‘1’ to register: Follow the prompts and choose the option to begin the registration process.
- Provide your account details: Enter your account number, BVN (Bank Verification Number), and date of birth as prompted.
- Create a 6-digit PIN: Set up a unique 6-digit PIN that you’ll use for transaction authorization. Confirm the PIN by entering it again.
- Confirmation message: Once the registration is successful, you’ll receive a confirmation message on your phone.
List of All Standard Chartered USSD Codes and Uses
Standard Chartered Bank USSD Codes open a world of possibilities. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the most useful codes:
|Funds Transfer to SCB Accounts||*977*Amount*Account Number#|
|Funds Transfer to Other Banks||*977*Amount*Account Number#|
|Airtime Top-up for Self||*977*Amount#|
|Airtime Top-up for 3rd Party||*977*Amount*Phone Number#|
|Data Subscription for Self||*977*2#|
|Data Subscription for Others||*977*2*Phone Number#|
|Bill Payments||*977*Amount*Biller Code#|
|PIN Change and Reset||*977*5#|
|De-registration of USSD Service||*977*13#|
|Block ATM Card||*977*911#|
Standard Chartered Bank Transfer Code for Checking Balance
- Check Balance: Dial *977*00# to get an instant update on your account balance.
USSD to Transfer Money Between Standard Chartered Bank Accounts
- Transfer to Standard Chartered Bank Account: Dial *977*Amount*Account No# to initiate a swift transfer between your Standard Chartered Bank accounts.
USSD Code to Transfer Money from Standard Chartered Bank to Other Banks
- Transfer to Other Banks: Dial *977*Amount*Account No# to send money securely to accounts in other banks.
Standard Chartered USSD Code for Opening an Account
- Opening an Account: Dial *977# to explore options for opening a new Standard Chartered Bank account.
USSD for Buying Airtime for self from Standard Chartered Bank
- Buy Airtime for Self: Dial *977*Amount# to top up your airtime directly from your bank account.
Standard Chartered Bank Code for Buying Airtime for Others
- Buy Airtime for Others: Dial *977*Amount*Phone Number# to ensure your loved ones stay connected.
USSD Code for Withdrawal from Standard Chartered Bank
- Withdrawal: While direct withdrawals aren’t possible through USSD, you can initiate a transfer and then withdraw from an ATM.
Standard Chartered Bank Transfer Code for Bill Payments
- Bill Payments: Dial *977# and follow the prompts to pay your bills conveniently using the USSD code.
Standard Chartered BVN USSD Code
- BVN Linkage: Unfortunately, BVN linkage isn’t available through USSD. However, linking your BVN is crucial for secure banking.
Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code to Block ATM Card
- Block ATM Card: In case of a lost or stolen card, dial *977*911# to promptly block your ATM card and prevent unauthorized transactions.
USSD Standard Chartered Bank Code to Block Account
- Block Account: If you encounter account-related issues, dial *977# and follow the prompts to secure your account and seek assistance.
Benefits of Using Standard Chartered Bank Code
The advantages of Standard Chartered Bank USSD Codes are manifold:
- Instant access to banking services: Perform transactions at any time and from anywhere.
- No need for an internet connection: USSD codes work even on basic mobile phones.
- Time-saving and efficient transactions: Complete tasks swiftly without waiting in long queues.
- Convenience at your fingertips: Bank without leaving your comfort zone.
- Enhanced financial inclusion: USSD codes promote accessibility for a wider range of customers.
Standard Chartered Bank USSD Charges
While airtime and data transactions are free, other services incur charges:
- Funds Transfer: ₦6.98 service provider session cost.
- Bills Payment: ₦6.98 session cost, ₦100 bill payment charge.
FAQs and Answers on Standard Chartered Bank Transfer Code
- How many branches does Standard Chartered Bank have in Nigeria? Standard Chartered Bank has over 22 branches in key cities across Nigeria.
- Can I open a Standard Chartered Bank account online? Yes, you can apply for a savings account through SC Mobile.
- How much can I transfer from Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria? You can transfer a single amount of up to N100,000.
- How to increase the transfer limit on Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria? Log in to online banking, navigate to “My Preferences,” and change your funds transfer limit.
- How to block and unblock Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code? To block your USSD code, dial *977*911#. For unblocking, visit a Standard Chartered Bank branch.
About Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Standard Chartered Bank’s journey in Nigeria is a tale of growth and adaptability. It all began in 1965 when the bank merged with the Bank of West Africa, expanding its reach. Changes in ownership followed, but the bank’s dedication remained strong. In 1999, after a brief pause, it returned to Nigeria as a wholly owned subsidiary.
Today, Standard Chartered Bank offers a comprehensive range of services, covering Retail, Wealth Management, Commercial, Corporate, Institutional, Private, and Digital Banking. With a team of over 900 employees, the bank views Nigeria as a pivotal centre for future expansion.
Striving to make banking accessible, the bank has strategically placed branches and ATMs throughout key cities like Lagos, Port Harcourt, and Abuja. A significant milestone was reached in 2014 with the inauguration of the modern Nigeria Head Office, showcasing the bank’s enduring commitment to Nigeria’s financial landscape and progress.
Embrace the power of Standard Chartered Bank USSD Codes and experience banking like never before. Simplify your financial transactions, save time, and enjoy the convenience of banking at your fingertips. Say goodbye to long queues and hello to seamless banking! Discover the world of possibilities that the Standard Chartered Bank USSD Code unlocks for you.